Mon, 03 May|
Finding Peace in a Frantic World - Mindfulness Course May 2021
8 Week Finding Peace in a Frantic World Mindfulness course designed to help participants to settle their minds and enhance their natural happiness and contentment using mindfulness meditation.
Time & Location
03 May 2021, 18:30 – 20:00
About the Event
Finding Peace in a Frantic World - 8 Week Mindfulness Course
Do you sometimes feel that your life is defined by frantic busyness, anxiety, stress and exhaustion? If so the Finding Peace course may be for you! The course is designed to help participants to settle their minds and enhance their natural happiness and contentment using mindfulness meditation.
The course is delivered in 90-minute sessions over eight weeks and introduces participants to mindful awareness through a range of practices that encourage us to bring curiosity to our experience and befriend the body.
- Throughout the sessions we:
- develop mindfulness in everyday activities
- pay attention to our thoughts and feelings
- explore how we react or respond to difficulties
- consider how we relate to ourselves and others
- review how we can develop a healthier balance in our lives.
The sessions are a mix of mindfulness practices, input from the teacher and opportunities to share in small groups and the group as a whole.
The course is taught by David Bignell and runs for 8 weeks on a Monday evening from 18:30 - 20:00 via Zoom videoconferencing. The dates are:
- Monday 3rd May 2021 - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 10th May 2021 - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 17th May 2021 - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 24th May 2021 - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 31st May 2021 - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 7th June 2021 - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 14th June 2021 - 18:30 - 20:00
- Monday 21st June 2021 - 18:30 - 20:00
The cost of the course is £150 - Participants are required to purchase the accompanying book themselves prior to the start of the course - available from Amazon here - and read chapters 1-3 before the start of the course.
On completion of the course you will be elgible to attend our weekly on-going program of on-line mindulness practice sessions, free of charge.
Free and assisted places on this course:
There are a small number of free and assisted places available for this course. These places are available to anyone in the local community who would benefit from attending but who cannot afford to pay the full fee. To apply for a free or assisted place, please contact our administrator at email@example.com BEFORE booking.
8 Week Mindfulness Course£150.00