MBSR - Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course
Time & Location
About the Event
Mindfulness is an evidence-based, non religious practice which is not so much a therapy, more a teachable skill that involves directing our attention to our experience as it unfolds, moment by moment, with open-minded curiosity and acceptance.
This 8-week course, taught by an experienced teacher in a supportive and friendly on-line group setting, will teach you how to boost your happiness and well-being, find new sources of resilience, joy, and calm in your life, and to cope with stress, anxiety, fear, and depression.
You will learn the foundation skills of mindfulness, compassion, and meditation, and how to apply them in your life in a way that really makes a difference.
The course is designed to help people suffering from stress associated with work, family and relationships, loss, depression, chronic generalised anxiety, social anxiety, and those who simply want to boost their resilience, learn mindfulness and meditation, or find greater joy and well-being in their lives.
If you think that you have a chance of increasing your quality of life, we warmly invite you to attend.
What will you learn?
- The skill of meditation
- Mindfulness and self-compassion skills in your daily life
- Greater concentration and focus
- How breath and body awareness can transform stress
- Supportive mindful movement practices
- The art of taking joy in simple pleasures
- How to overcome your ‘negativity bias’
- The many health benefits of mindfulness
The course beings with an orientation session and the runs for a further 8 Weeks:
- Monday 7th September 2020 - 14:00-15:00 - Orientation
- Monday 14th September 2020 - 14:00-16:00
- Monday 21st September 2020 - 14:00-16:00
- Monday 28th September 2020 - 14:00-16:00
- Monday 5th October 2020 - 14:00-16:00
- Monday 12th October 2020 - 14:00-16:00
- Monday 19th October 2020 - 14:00-16:00
- Monday 26th October 2020 - 14:00-16:00
- Monday 2nd November 2020 - 14:00-16:00
The Cost is £250 and is being taught by Julia Lofts
Concerned about joining an on-line session? View our information and advice page here.
Free and assisted places on this course:
There are a small number of free and assisted places available for this course. These places are available to anyone in the local community who would benefit from attending but who cannot afford to pay the full fee. To apply for a free or assisted place, please contact our administrator at email@example.com BEFORE booking.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for free or assisted places must be made NO LATER than 4 weeks prior to the course start date.
- 8 Week Course Fee£250£2500£0