Sun, 22 May|
EC30 Community Hub
Join TMG and teacher Cesare Saguato for an introduction to mindful running
Time & Location
22 May, 10:00 – 12:00 BST
EC30 Community Hub, Recreation Ground Road, Tenterden, TN30 6RA, UK
About the Event
Join TMG and Cesare Saguato for an introduction to Mindful Running Workshop.
The workshop is suitable for experienced runners as well as those just starting out, and will support you to run with more enjoyment and awareness and find greater all-round wellbeing through:
- Exploring our intention and motivation for running
- Learning how to move from autopilot to awareness in running
- Becoming familiar with using an anchor point while you run
- Understanding the value of being alert but relaxed during your run
- Learning how to pause and come back to being during your run
- Reflecting on how we can translate what we learn in mindful running into our everyday life
The workshop will explore the core principles of the RUN:ZEN mindful running foundation and focus, through:
- guided mindfulness meditations in stillness and movement
- a guided 25-minute mindful run
- small group discussion for those who would like to share their experience
How fit do I need to be?
All levels of running ability can be supported as you go at your own pace. While the run practice will last up to 25 minutes, running with walking is fine and there will be a mindful running coach at the front and the back of the group for full support and guidance.
Appropriate and supportive footwear is required as well as comfortable clothing to suit the weather conditions on the day.
The cost of participation is £20 (£10 concessions).
As a charitable organisation, Tenterden Mindfulness Group want to support as many people as we can to access Mindfulness, so if you are unable to afford the full event fee, please consider using the concessionary rate e.g. Students (18+), Unemployed, Low-income. If you don't fit into one of the stated categories but feel you cannot afford to pay the full fee, please contact our office PRIOR to booking at email@example.com to discuss your situation.
We are able to offer concessionary rates thanks to the on-going generosity of our donors. Please only use the concessionary rate where there is genuine need.
Standard entry to the event.
Concessionary rate - Students (18+), Unemployed, Low Income
Supporter Rate Ticket
Standard Entry plus a £5 donation to help us to continue supporting our Mindfulness community.