Sat, 15 Jul|
West View Integrated Care Centre
Join TMG and teacher Stuart McLeod for an introduction to Mindful Running
Time & Location
15 Jul, 10:00 – 12:00 BST
West View Integrated Care Centre, Plummer Lane, Tenterden TN30 6TX
About the Event
Join TMG and Stuart McLeod for an introduction to Mindful Running Workshop.
The workshop is suitable for experienced runners as well as those just starting out, and will support you to run with more enjoyment and awareness and find greater all-round wellbeing through:
- Exploring our intention and motivation for running
- Learning how to move from autopilot to awareness in running
- Becoming familiar with using an anchor point while you run
- Understanding the value of being alert but relaxed during your run
- Learning how to pause and come back to being during your run
- Reflecting on how we can translate what we learn in mindful running into our everyday life
The workshop will explore the core principles of the RUN:ZEN mindful running foundation and focus, through:
- guided mindfulness meditations in stillness and movement
- a guided 25-minute mindful run
- small group discussion for those who would like to share their experience
How fit do I need to be?
While we aim to cater for all levels of running ability, you will need to be able to run for up to 25 minutes without the need for frequent stops. The run practice will however include deliberate mindful pauses.
Appropriate and supportive footwear is required as well as comfortable clothing to suit the weather conditions on the day.
Please bring your own refreshments.
The cost of participation is £20 (£10 concessions).
As a charitable organisation, Tenterden Mindfulness Group want to support as many people as we can to access Mindfulness, so if you are unable to afford the full event fee, please consider using the concessionary rate e.g. Students (18+), Unemployed, Low-income. If you don't fit into one of the stated categories but feel you cannot afford to pay the full fee, please contact our office PRIOR to booking at email@example.com to discuss your situation.
We are able to offer concessionary rates thanks to the on-going generosity of our donors. Please only use the concessionary rate where there is genuine need.
Mindful RunningFrom £10.00 to £25.00