Sun, 25 Jul|
Mindfulness Retreat Day
A full day in-person retreat with Dr. Neil Pillai and Barbara Hussong in the beautiful setting of Tram Hatch Gardens in Charing, Kent.
Time & Location
25 Jul 2021, 10:00 – 16:00
Charing, Charing Heath, Charing, Ashford TN27 0BN, UK
About the Event
Mindfulness Day Retreat
With Dr. Neil Pillai & Barbara Hussong
Coming out of lockdown, we are delighted to be able to offer an opportunity to come together and practise Mindfulness in a group in-person amidst the beautiful setting of Tram Hatch Gardens in Charing, Kent, where we have a spacious group room and access to gorgeous private gardens.
The day is open to all graduates of an 8-week mindfulness course, and participants will be guided in various mindfulness practices in order to refresh and deepen their practice. The day is also an opportunity to connect with others and help foster and grow our mindfulness community.
The day will consist of both guided and silent practices, a talk and reading of poems and inspirational short texts, time for refreshments and lunch (bring your own), walking meditation outdoors, and sharing of the day’s experience with the group at the end of the day.
The aims of the Mindfulness Retreat Day are to:
- refresh the mindfulness practices learned in the 8-week courses
- be held in a safe space in order to settle into practice at a deeper level
- allow time for these practices to become more embodied and distilled
- experience the support of practising together in a group setting
- help with transitioning and sustaining a mindful presence into one’s daily life through mindful movement and walking meditation
- stimulate the mind to connect with a wider lived experience, especially of things that have been touched during the practices and the silence of the day, through inspirational readings
- build and grow our mindfulness community
- have the opportunity for sharing of experience
The cost of attendance is £50 (supporter rate £60)
What to bring:
Please bring your own packed lunch and water to drink.
If you have your own meditation mat and cushion or bench, please bring it along with a blanket and possibly a yoga mat. There will be chairs and a few cushions.
We ask that participants have had their COVID vaccinations or can present a negative COVID test and are free of any symptoms to make the Day Retreat as safe as possible for all. Please be aware that we may need to revise these requirements for the day, depending on the situation at the time should the government's regulations change. We would then notify all participants in good time.
If you have any questions concerning the suitability of a retreat at this time, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindfulness Retreat Day
ADDITIONAL Supporter Donation
Additional supporter rate donation - only valid for entry to the event when purchased with a standard rate ticket.