Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course October 2021
Time & Location
About the Event
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction - 8 Week Mindfulness Course
Mindfulness is an evidence-based, non religious practice which is not so much a therapy, more a teachable skill that involves directing our attention to our experience as it unfolds, moment by moment, with open-minded curiosity and acceptance.
This 8-week MBSR course, taught by experienced teacher Laura Acosta, in a supportive and friendly group setting, will teach you how to boost your happiness and well-being, find new sources of resilience, joy, and calm in your life, and to cope with stress, anxiety, fear, and depression.
You will learn the foundation skills of mindfulness, compassion, and meditation, and how to apply them in your life in a way that really makes a difference.
The course is designed to help people suffering from stress associated with work, family and relationships, loss, depression, chronic generalised anxiety, social anxiety, and those who simply want to boost their resilience, learn mindfulness and meditation, or find greater joy and well-being in their lives.
If you think that you have a chance of increasing your quality of life, we warmly invite you to attend.
What will you learn?
- The skill of meditation
- Mindfulness and self-compassion skills in your daily life
- Greater concentration and focus
- How breath and body awareness can transform stress
- Supportive mindful movement practices
- The art of taking joy in simple pleasures
- How to overcome your ‘negativity bias’
- The many health benefits of mindfulness
The course runs for 8 weeks on a Saturday morning, 08:30-10:45 at Ivy court Surgery in Tenterden, Kent, Plus a full day retreat on 21st November at Hole Park in Rolvenden. The dates are:
- ORIENTATION SESSION - Online - Saturday 25th September 2021 - 08:30-09:30
- Saturday 9th October 2021 - 08:30-10:45
- Saturday 16th October 2021 - 08:30-10:45
- Saturday 23rd October 2021 - 08:30-10:45
- NO SESSIONS ON 30th October and 6th November
- Saturday 13th November 2021 - 08:30-10:45
- Saturday 20th November 2021 - 08:30-10:45
- Sunday 21st November 2021 - 10:00-16:00 - Retreat Day - Hole Park in Rolvenden
- Saturday 27th November 2021 - 08:30-10:45
- Saturday 4th December 2021 - 08:30-10:45
- Saturday 11th December 2021 - 08:30-10:45
The cost of the course is £250 plus £50 for the retreat day (optional).
On completion of the course you will be elgible to attend our weekly on-going program of mindulness practice sessions and retreats.
Free and assisted places on this course:
There are a number of free and assisted places available for this course. These places are available to anyone in the local community who would benefit from attending but who cannot afford to pay the full fee. To apply for a free or assisted place, please contact our administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE booking.
- 8 Wk MBSR Course inc. Retreat£295£2950£0
- 8 Wk MBSR Course NO RETREAT£250£2500£0